Yes. I made them.
I make them every year.
Every year I break them.
This year. I'm only going to agree to live better.
To that end, I'm going to:
For Home Life-
1. Pay more attention to my husband.
2. Do things I haven't done before.
3. Make new friends. (No, I'm not getting rid of the old ones.)
4. Connect with friends I've lost touch with.
5. Be more generous with my time and self.
6. Try to glean joy from very simple things.
1. Finish all the open projects I have on my desk before I start new ones.
2. Seriously shop for an agent.
3. Read more non-fiction.
4. Be more organized in the pre-writing process
5. Submit more work. (See item one as to why this will be possible.)
6. Promote. Promote. Promote.
I think most of these things will be very easy to do and not break. I haven't put a time limit on any of them, or even an amount. I'll consider it a success if I manage to do these things a little better this year than I did last year. I think that's the key to making resolutions. You have to make realistic ones.
* Note I didn't make one about weight, because I'm going to do that anyways. But that's a separate issue. : )
May all your resolutions be a success!!! Here's to 2007.