Is that a vampire in your pocket?

Is that a vampire in your pocket? - Hi bertemu lagi dengan saya di tempat berbagi Chord Gitar Indonesia, Pada kesempatan kalini saya akan berbagi Kunci gitar yang berjudul Is that a vampire in your pocket?, saya telah menyediakan lirik lagu lengkap dengan chord gitarnya dari awal lagi sampai akhir lagu. mudah-mudahan isi postingan kunci gitar yang saya tulis ini mudah untuk di pahami oleh kalian dan semoga bermanfaat juga. oke langsung saja ini chord gitar nya.

Penyanyi : Is that a vampire in your pocket?
Judul lagu : Is that a vampire in your pocket?

lihat juga


Is that a vampire in your pocket?

I've been bitten by the vampire bug. In just over a week I devoured all of Lynn Viehl's Darkyn series to date, and J.R. Ward's Dark Lover. I'll admit that they started off as 'let's see what everyone's talking about them' reads. Simple curiosity, if you will. I bought the first, Lyn Viehl's If Angels Burn, in this frame of mind. Dark Lover was on my TBR pile for almost a year with barely a glimmer of interest from me. Until last week.

I'm not really big on vampire books.

It wasn't always this way. I was a huge fan of Bram Stoker's Dracula and especially all it's film incarnations starring Christopher Lee as The Count. I read a novel called Nosferatu when I was a teenager (I still remember the Latino party going on next door as I stayed up all night to read it), but that was probably it. I could only get halfway through Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire, which probably jump-started the whole erotic paranormal vampire genre. The whole Lestat series has been on my TBR pile for about 10 years. Not once have I had any desire to read it. I thought it was the vampire thing, but I've decided it just may have been an Anne Rice thing. Maybe, as the Brits say, she's just not my cup of tea.

But I read If Angels Burn and devoured it in a day, then quickly ordered the whole series on Amazon. When I was through, I was literally twitching with withdrawal symptoms. Dark Lover was the methadone to the heroine-like effects of the Darkyn, a mere substitue to fill the void. And that hooked me too.

I am now officially a vampire junkie.

I'm still bewildered by how easily I fell from grace. For years I've been rolling my eyes at the fang-baring, night-hunting, angst-ridden, 'ooh look what a horrible thing I did making a child into a vampire' cliches of the horror vampire genre. I'll admit it: I was a vampire genre snob.

I'm not quite sure why these two writers hooked me. I'd say it was the plot in the Darkyn series, and my imagination running riot over the big, leather-clad guys in Dark Lover. However, it might just might be that these two are definitely romances with lots of sex.

Or maybe it was just my time to fall in love with them.

Anyone else love the vamps? And why did you fall in love with them (or not)?


Demikianlah Artikel Is that a vampire in your pocket?

Sekian Kunci gitar Is that a vampire in your pocket?, mudah-mudahan bisa memberi manfaat untuk anda semua. baiklah, sekian postingan Chord gitar lagu kali ini.

Anda sedang membaca artikel Is that a vampire in your pocket? dan artikel ini url permalinknya adalah https://star-crossedromance.blogspot.com/2007/09/is-that-vampire-in-your-pocket.html Semoga artikel ini bisa bermanfaat, Jangan lupa untuk share artikel ini terimakasih.

4 Responses to "Is that a vampire in your pocket?"

Kathleen Scott/MK Mancos said...

I'll invite you to read my book, The Host: Shadows which debuts in Jan. '08 from Samhain. It's a big twist on the vampire genre. Mine are actually symbiotes, created when a alchemical experiment went afoul during the Age of Enlightenment. My hero now supports himself as a hired killer. It's dark, but he's looking for redemption.

-Kat

Skylar Masey said...

Hey Cassandra!

I can't say I'm a big vampire fan, though I was at one time into Gothics (with the TV series DARK SHADOWS). I'm actually more into werewolves (which is why I'm tinkering with them from a new angle).

If you need more vampires try my friend Jenna Black's books. I haven't gotten a chance to read them yet, but everyone seems to devour them in one sitting. She also has a demon hunter series starting in November.

Good luck feeding the urge!

Skylar Masey said...

Oh, forgot to say that my first experience with INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE was in college. We watched it on cable in the dorm sitting room. I was hooked, but not necessarily on Brad Pitt....though he was a major vamp hottie.

Cassandra Kane said...

Thanks Kat, I'll check out your book when it releases. Sounds right up my street!

Skylar, thanks for the recommendation, I'll certainly check out Jenna's books. :-)

I liked 'Interview with the Vampire' as a movie (though I'm more into Tom Cruise than Brad Pitt!) but the books just didn't do it for me, unfortunately.